If a new battery becomes unserviceable within a few days or weeks after its installation it may be due one or more of the following reasons:
1. A faulty charging system.
2. A short circuit in the electrical system.
3. Battery terminals are dirty or not properly connected.
4. Excessive ignition off drains or high parasitic drains.
5. Electrical capacity of the battery is insufficient for size of the vehicle.
6. The battery has been inadequately activated, dissipating its strength from the outset.
7. The battery, after being filled with acid has been left too long without initial charging, and has been allowed to become sulfated.