Good battery maintenance should include the following:
1. Always keep the acid level between Lower and upper lines on front side of the container (conventional type batteries).
2. Do not let the battery stand in a discharged condition.
3. Charge battery once a month.
4. When motorcycle is stored over 30 days, plug in a Yuasa automatic battery charger to maintain a proper storage charge.
5. Keep battery top clean, dry and free of dirt.
6. Clean battery terminals to prevent corrosion. Inspect vent tube, ensuring that it is not bent, twisted or clogged.
7. Protect the battery from strong impacts or shocks.
For additional information see Yuasa's Technical Manual (1.4 mb PDF file).